Last week, March 12-16, ISO/TC 279 held a plenary meeting hosted by British Standards Institute, BSI, in London. During the full week, all working groups continued their hard work with their respective parts. We were well over 100 participants from 50 countries, a truly impressive and massive global effort to building the innovation capabilities we all need to address man-kinds grand challenges for the future!
As reported in the closing plenary session, all working groups made good progress, but there is still much work to be done before publishing. Next step, and the last physical meeting before publishing, will be another full week in Tokyo, October 15-19.
After that, ISO will do the final editing and administration of all series of standard documents including ISO/TS 50500, ISO/TS 50501 and others to prepare them for publishing.
Contact to get more insights on the Innovation Management System Standards.
The first publishing was originally planned for Q4-2018, but may spill over to Q1-2019 in order to get everything done (my believe), and will contain the following series of standard documents;
- ISO/TS 50500 on Fundamentals and Vocabulary
- ISO/TS 50501 on Innovation Management Systems
- ISO/TR 50502 on Innovation Management Assessment
- ISO/TS 50503 on Partnering and Collaboration for Innovation
- ISO/TS 50504 on Strategic Intelligence Management
- ISO/TS 50505 on Intellectual Property Management