Based in Zürich Area, Switzerland
Dr. George Fankhauser is an innovation consultant and R&D leader with more than 20 years of industry experience managing global, inter-disciplinary teams. His past positions range from leading small teams including several startups to MNCs with a deep dive into research, development, manufacturing and product management.
He successfully managed change projects in software development, automation, agile innovation processes and platform management. Furthermore, as a facilitator and inventor he actively participates in the creative process. With experience in a broad range of innovation frameworks and tools (DT, TRIZ, BMI, 3 Horizons, MVP, …) he is able to bridge the gap between strategy and execution.
As a former project portfolio leader and coach his working style has always been structured and people-oriented ensuring timely results. As a persona he tends to be a cross-pollinator.
Area of expertise:
- Strategy and business models
- Innovation processes, hybrid agile/stage-gate implementations
- Digitalization and eco-systems
- Design Thinking facilitation (Stanford/HPI)
- Product development, R&D management, and simulation
- Industrialization (smart factories, Industry 4.0), design for manufacturing and cost optimization
- Hard- and software design, platform architecture and management (large scale, full-stack and embedded systems)
- Networks and protocols, sensors, actuators, IoT
- Industries: pharma, biotech, measurement instruments, medtech, industrial automation, building technology, access systems, telecommunications, media, not-for-profit, VC/new ventures
- MSc/PhD in Computer Science and Computer Networking from ETH Zürich
- General Management and Innovation Management degrees from IMD and Stanford University’s Center for Professional Development