Senior Advisor, North America
Peet is a well-rounded international executive with deep consulting, high-tech and advanced industry experience. He is regarded as an innovative strategist, a creative problem-solver and a thought leader on ethical innovation.He has many years of experience as an innovation practitioner and executive-level advisor. Peet managed McKinsey & Company’s global innovation practice from 2010 to 2015 where he served clients on innovation across a breadth of industries. Before that he led several operations and strategy programs for senior executives at CEB (the Corporate Executive Board), including its Research & Development Leadership Council formerly known as RTEC.
Peet is an author and speaker on business ethics, where his mission is to lift corporate decision-making to a higher ethical standard. He sees innovation as a means for companies to transform their business models to meet the highest ethical standards.
Peet’s articles on innovation have been published in MIT Sloan Management Review, Research-Technology Management and on mckinsey.com.
Areas of expertise
- Business model innovation and redesign
- Innovating for more ethical business models
- Growth and innovation strategy
- Innovation management, governance and processes
- Organizing for innovation, including special innovation structures such as hubs and incubators
- Open innovation and external collaboration
- Innovation and R&D portfolio management
- Workshop facilitation: creativity and problem-solving techniques
- Innovation culture, leadership and change management
- Best practice capture and knowledge management
- B.Eng (Electronics), University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- B.Com (Accounting and Economics), University of South Africa
- Hons.B.Com (Economics, cum laude), University of South Africa