Based in Dubai, UAE
Jeanette is a self-development enthusiast who is passionate about learning and helping others innovate and grow. After almost a decade of international legal experience in Toronto and Dubai, the Canadian-trained and qualified lawyer followed her heart into education to become Assistant Professor at two Dubai-based universities.
Since then, she has been a Trainer, Coach, Mentor, Advisor, and Writer, with a focus on Learning and Development, including certificates in DISC Behaviour Analysis and Personal Coaching. Jeanette has also founded the holistic, self-improvement website www.kaleidoscopicsky.com to help others attain well-being and unlimited possibilities for their mind, body, and soul.
Coming from a diverse background, her career has crossed multiple industries, including Luxury Retail, Professional Services, Education, Telco/IT, Construction, Real Estate, Government, and Not-for-Profit. She has lived in North America, the Middle East, Europe, and Southeast Asia, and has travelled to over 40 countries. Her adventurous spirit has provided her with a global perspective and ability to nurture relationships across cultures, generations, and occupational groups.
Her cross-disciplinary training, creative writing portfolio, insatiable curiosity, and passion for learning has made her a unique and enthusiastic problem-solver, coach, and advisor. She has also coached award-winning start-up teams.
Areas of expertise
- Innovative Learning and Development (L&D)
- Training and Coaching
- Leading and Managing Innovation
- Managing Organizational Relationships
- Bar Admissions Course, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Juris Doctor (JD) from University of Toronto Faculty of Law (top law school in Canada), including exchange at Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands (School of Law). Awarded Innovation Law and Policy Publication Grant (and published in Yale Journal of Law and Technology.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at the Rotman School of Management, including exchange at Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands (School of Economics). Finalist in Case Competition and awarded Tom Wilson Dean’s Entrance Scholarship.
- Honours Bachelor of Science, High Distinction (Psychology) from University of Toronto, Canada (Top 20 Global Rank), Faculty of Arts and Science. Dean’s List Scholar and awarded several scholarships.
- Ontario Management Development Certificate (Human Resources), Sheridan College, Canada