Based in Dubai, UAE
Anwaar Al Shimmari 16 years’ experience in the fields of Architecture, urban planning and design, traffic and roads, and infrastructure has put her in a short listed professional expertise in the region. Her previous experience included Al Ain Municipality, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority, Dubai Holding, and MOID. She holds as BSc in Architectural Engineering from UAEU and a master degree from AUS in Urban Planning-Built environment as well Transportation Planning. Her role as professional mentor and technical judge in many competitions added another dimension to her experience. She is the first female judge in engineering awards in UAE and GCC. She have developed the first projects plans, cash flow, and budgeting for Federal projects and HH President of UAE Initiatives.
Anwaar is the Chief Innovation Officer and Director of Design in Ministry of Infrastructure Development taking care of Ministry Innovation initiatives as well projects under design stage. She is a board member of Sheikh Zayed Housing Program. She obtained her Diploma in Government innovation from Cambridge University in association with MBRCGI in 2017 and she will graduate from Executive Leadership Program in May 2018. She won the Excellence Award of MOID and has been a finalist in H.H. Prime Minister Medals for Supervisory Category in 2017. She was part of the team who established “TAMDEEN” the Project Management and technical arm of Dubai Holding and many major projects in Dubai such as DIFC, D3, Business Bay, Lagoons, and other mega projects. She participated in shaping the urban form of the new Dubai and its major projects.
Areas of expertise
- Organizational and Change Management
- Business Transformation Management
- Process Efficiency Implementation
- Innovation Management in Public Sector
- Innovation Assessment
- Leadership and Coaching
- Urban Planning and Sustainability
- Strategy and Foresight
- Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (BArch), Architectural Engineering, Unite Arab Emirates University, UAE
- Dual Degree, MS.c in Urban and Transportation Planning, American University Of Sharjah, UAE
- Innovation In Public Sector, University of Cambridge